what even is the 50 shades movie gonna be just like a theatre full of 40 yr old women eating popcorn and gasping and clutching their chests throughout 2 hours of softcore porn???????? please no
six year old anita and twelve year old sonia, sisters, were both born blind to parents who, as field labourers making less than a dollar a day, were unable to afford the 300 dollar, fifteen minute operation that would restore their sight.
for such children, blindness is often a death sentence. unable to read or find work, most leave their villages to spend their lives homeless, asking for money in the streets (much like with this photo).
but with the help of 20/20/20, a non profit which seeks to provide the surgery for the approximately twenty million in need, sonia and anita were successfully treated, with their defective opaque lenses replaced with functional artificial ones.
said anita’s mother, “when they removed the bandages, she kept saying ‘mother, i can see! i can see!’” as 20/20/20 explains, “it is an amazing experience to watch a child open their eyes and see for the first time. some gasp, some cry. some are too stunned to do anything except look around them and take it all in.”
you can watch a short, but impactful, documentary on anita and sonia, which includes the touching footage of the sisters seeing for the first time. photos from a larger series by brent stirton. click picture for more on their story from said doc. (see also: india’s dalits)
A very good way of going about explaining this issue. It’s good to see something positive come from Tumblr.
HOLY SHIT. THIS. THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO TELL PEOPLE. SHUT YOUR MOUTH ABOUT MEN VS WOMEN. @_@
this is literally so important
This is the best example and illustration I have yet to find. If more people realized that this is what equality is pushing for then we would be better off.
This post forever!
thank god this literal anti-social justice blog endorsed this comic about how everyone should just be nice to each other. eat my ass
Storm #1 or "Why mmmagpie bitches about people fucking with the colors in comic panels"
Images on the left are original screenshots from the digital version of the comic. They’ve been cropped, and that’s it. The images on the right belong to three users - links to the original posts are in the captions.
Now…do you see what’s wrong with this picture? This is why I bitch about edits, and how they misrepresent the comics. Storm has pretty dark skin. If you hadn’t read the comics, and only seen the edits, you might be a bit taken aback by that fact. That’s a problem. In polite company, it’s generally agreed that lightening the skin of a person of color is a no-no. And, unfortunately, that’s what’s going on here.
I’m not claiming that these edits were made to lighten Storm’s skin. But they do lighten her skin. And that is something to take into consideration before posting an edit. Representation of women and minorities in comics is a huge issue, and it’s fucking amazing that Storm finally has her own solo title. It’s not amazing that her skin is being lightened because people seem to feel a need to add a #mine tag underneath somebody else’s artwork.
here are a few things for you to look at
- After only a week of this the casualties have been 205 dead Palestinians (80% civilians, and at least 34 children) and more than 1500 wounded and around 900 homes destroyed, over a 100,000 dislocated, while on the Israeli side there are 0 dead and 2 or 3 wounded and 0 buildings destroyed
- today morning all senior high school and college palestinian students got there grades, which is usually a celebrated event, and most of them got very high grades in fields of science and literature, but instead of celebrating they are morning and fleeing their homes, and 18 of them were dead
- On another hand, Israel’s government is paying college students to spread pro-Israel propaganda on social media (x)
if you don’t find that sickening than please get out
- Israel gets a high tech notification on smart phones of any bombing that might target them (the App is called “Israel Red Alert) and the Israelis are taken to bombing shelters. the Palestinian resistance gives them an hours warning before it anyway. While the Israeli’s warn the palestinians around 56 seconds before bombing, and it notifies them by a smaller warning bomb on the roof of the house
SO BASICALLY WARN THEM OF BOMB USING BOMBS, MAKES SENSE. AND IF THE WARNING BOMB ON THE ROOF MAKES IT COLLAPSE ON A CHILDS HEAD THAT’S OKAY
video and video
- The Palestinians are asked to evacuate. EVACUATE TO WHERE EXACTLY?! have a look at the map
Israel controls all the movement of the citizens and its borders. No one is allowed to leave. on the borders with Egypt (rafa) it is also blocked and no one is allowed to leave that way either. So the civilians should just through themselves in the sea right!? oops no not allowed as well
- The Palestinians have NO ARMY of their own. please get that inside your bloody heads. how can yo say they are fighting a war!? then what is Hamas you ask me? well for one thing, “Hamas” was a democratically elected political group by people in Gaza to govern them, and Israel denied them that right, and the group that is responsible of any military acts is a branch in Hamas named Qtab Al Qassam, who are not an army, and the weapons they use to resist the Israeli occupation they make themselves, because any means of importing weapons from any neighboring Arab countries is sealed, besides (and for shame!) not a single Arab country offers any, not even the least amount to defend themselves.
They are labeled almost by everyone as terrorists because they fight back, I mean in what universe would an oppressed people tolerate being kicked out of their homes, bombed and watching their children die before their eyes!?
It is crazy to me that people label them as terrorists but not Israel who is an apartheid terrorist state with a freaking army that is funded by the USA.
So what? you except those people to live under oppressive conditions for 60 years, and tolerate regular bombings and arrests from Israel and just accept it and not fight back in any desperate way they can.
no, you know what, that makes total sense!! how dare i be such a blind ignorant fool!!
- While we’re at it, because I don’t want any little piece of shit to come tell me, well Hamas didn’t accept the proposal of Egypt to stop the bombing. SIT THE HECK DOWN. Egypt which is supposed to act as an arab correspondent to the conflict for the Palestinians, like the USA to Israel, did not officially put up any proposal or movement but merely made a weak statement of disapproval. The Palestinian people said clearly: they want ceasefire and for the siege to be removed from Gaza, and for the Israeli violence and oppression to be stopped on all Palestinians, and for the to live safety in their own homes
apparently that was unreasonable and too much to ask
Hamas did not reject the ceasefire. Israel did.
an extract from the article explains my point
As Mya Guarnieri explains succinctly in +972 Mag, the Egyptian “ceasefire” would have meant a return to a comfortable status quo for Israel in which:
Israel strikes Gaza from time to time and kills Palestinian civilians there and in the West Bank without garnering much scrutiny from the international media and, by extension, the international community. Returning to the status quo would also mean an end to the immediate damage to Israel’s image caused by the horrific photos and footage coming out of Gaza, and global protests against what Israel calls “Operation Protective Edge.”
But it would mean no change to the reality for 1.8 million Palestinians in Gaza living under crushing siege.
In the immediate period, the bogus “ceasefire” initiative gives Israel the opportunity to spin headlines in its direction – claiming that Hamas are being irrational and unreasonable “terrorists.”
- The difference between a Hamas rocket and an Israeli airstrike
- schools are being used as shelters and places to take the wounded because the hospitals and medical team can barely sustain the flow of the wounded
- Israel fired 5 missiles at al-Wafa hospital in Gaza City on Friday WHERE CHILDREN ARE STAYING, and has threatened to bomb it again (x)
- The Israelis are NOT DEFENDING THEMSELVES. YOU CAN’T DEFEND SOMETHING THAT IS NOT YOURS. THIS IS AN OCCUPATION OF PEOPEL’S LAND AGAINST THEIR WILL BY VIOLENCE AND FORCE
- Israel has broken over 65 UN resolutions. SIXTY FIVE.
- In the lead up to Operation Cast Lead, senior Israeli army General Gadi Eisenkot disclosed Israel’s plans to expand the Dahiya doctrine, telling an Israeli newspaper, “We will wield disproportionate power against every village from which shots are fired on Israel, and cause immense damage and destruction. From our perspective, these are military bases.” He added, “This isn’t a suggestion. This is a plan that has already been authorized.” (x)
so basically the Israeli army sees homes where families live as military bases because to them every palestinian is a terrorist
- the United Nations Fact Finding Mission on the Gaza Conflict, better known as The Goldstone Report The report continued (emphasis mine), “Statements by political and military leaders prior to and during the military operations in Gaza leave little doubt that disproportionate destruction and violence against civilians were part of a deliberate policy.” (emphasis and bold mine) (x)
- this video is compilation of videos taken by Israelis and Palestinians posted on social networks, it shift between the bombing of Palestinian homes and screams of children and mothers to the pro-Israeli protest by Israeli citizens
SO STOP LISTENING TO YOUR MAINSTREAM MEDIA AND WAKE UP
NO THIS IS NOT A WAR. THIS IS GENOCIDE.